Since 1985 ESS Employment have been assisting
throughout the area with recruitment of permanent,
temporary and contract staff. During this time ESS has
accumulated a wealth of experience serving the needs of
many industries including warehouse, manufacturing
administration and distribution.
Quality Control Inspector ( Night Shift)
DAILY TIMES: Monday – Thursday 22.00pm – 06.00am
Friday 17.00pm – 22.30pm
START DATE: Immediate
TEMP OR PERM: Permanent
Job: Quality Control Inspector (Night Shift)
Purpose of Role –
Responsible for performing various inspection tasks within the Company under the instruction of the Inspection Supervisor whilst working with your colleagues in the inspection team to ensure conformance to Company
standards, specifications, and drawings.
Key Duties –
The ability to cover the inspection of products and processes relating to all aspects of quality control with the Company (e.g. goods received, in process and final inspection).
To ensure the conformance of products and processes to relevant specifications and standards and complete and maintain accurate documentation according to the Company requirements.
1. 1st Off Inspections
2. Dimensional Inspection Record Sheets
3. PMI, Ferritescope & Copper Sulphate Reports
4. Goods Reject Notes
5. Non-conformance reports
6. Work instructions/procedures
7. Raw materials certification
8. Calibration of inspection equipment
9. To raise non-conformance reports where any items or events do not conform to standards or specifications/drawings.
10. Using recognised quality control measuring techniques/equipment where manufacturing processes are tightly controlled to ensure the products meet agreed standards.
11. To support the promotion of continuous improvement processes within the inspection team for the benefit of the Company (under the supervision of the Inspection Supervisor).
Knowledge, Skills Training & Experience –
1. Fully experienced with all inspection/measuring equipment such as micrometers, verniers, thread gauges, shadow graphs and hardness checking equipments.
2. Fully experienced in reading and understanding Engineering drawings.
3. Extensive experience of using a Co-ordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), both manual & CNC.
4. Conversant with materials certification.
5. You must be able to remain calm under pressure especially in situations when quality requirements may conflict with production demands
6. Work to high standards of quality, within a strong safety culture and a good working knowledge of QMS ISO9001:2008 is desirable
7. Capable of working with tight deadlines and multiple deliverables.
8. Good numerical and literacy skills
9. Proficient in the use of MS Office applications, email and internet.
For further information on the role, or a general chat about other opportunities, please call 01453 832468. Alternatively, please email your CV to email@example.com
| Nailsworth, Stroud Branch|
To apply for the above position please send an email to:
Please ensure you include the following in your email:
- The job reference number: ESS3804
- Your name
- A contact telephone number
- A copy of your CV
Head Office: ESS
Employment, Recruitment House, 4 Bridge Street, Nailsworth, Gloucestershire,
832468 Fax: 0870 4007865 Email:
Yate Office: ESS
Employment, 19 West Walk, Yate Shopping Centre, Yate,
Bristol BS37 4AX
310031 Fax: 0870 4007865 Email:
© Ess Employment
| Privacy Notice / Policy (GDPR) | GDPR Download (pdf format)