WORKING HOURS – 8.45am – 5.00pm (37.5 hours per week)
SALARY - £32,000 - £35,000 PLUS Company Car OR Car Allowance, Bonus Scheme Life Assurance, Health Plan and Critical Illness Cover
Vacancy - Systems & Support Engineer
ESS are working on behalf of a specialist company trading since 1996.
Overall Purpose of Job:
* Project manage, install, commission, and validate of computer systems for new and existing customers.
* Technical IT support for current and potential computer system customers.
* Provide software training, testing and helpdesk support for bespoke software solutions.
* Contribute to the overall success of the business in line with agreed company targets and objectives.
ESS EMPLOYMENT LTD work with clients and candidates from a range of disciplines and place people in permanent, contract and temporary roles. Many of our candidates and clients come to us by recommendation and we are proud of our personal, professional and friendly approach to recruitment.
* Project manage, install, commission, and validate of computer systems and hardware solutions for new and existing customers.
* Resolve tickets logged directly with our helpdesk.
* To ensure outstanding tickets are constantly reviewed, updated, and escalated.
* Answer inbound calls and communicate with clients.
* Assist with Helpdesk calls and subsequent call management.
* Provide first and second line technical support.
* Liaise with 3rd party support organisations to resolve tickets if they cannot be resolved internally.
* Manage client communications through different support methods (telephone, email, Zendesk and remote access tools).
* Provide customer software upgrades to existing customers.
* Generate and maintain software system helpfiles.
* Conduct site surveys establishing the customers system and IT infrastructure requirements.
* Execute SQL scripts provided by the developers on the customers databases.
* Support internal IT infrastructure.
* Use your skills to deliver excellent customer service.
* Offer ideas on how we can improve our service and processes.
* Carry out functional and manual testing.
* Write and execute test scripts.
* Work with software developers and project support teams.
* Test in different environments including web, desktop and mobile.
* Write bug reports and review technical specification documentation.
* Provide objective feedback to software development project teams.
* Communicate findings to technical and non-technical colleagues.
* Travel to new and existing customers providing on-site training.
* Provide training in a classroom environment on site.
* Provide training for trainers.
* Provide web-based training.
* Project Management experience
* Formal IT qualification (HNC, HND, Degree or IT qualification equivalent).
* A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an IT technical based role.
* Solid Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019 knowledge and experience.
* Solid Windows XP, 7 and 10 Desktop operating systems knowledge and experience.
* Solid MS SQL Databases and IIS technologies knowledge and experience.
* Knowledge of Ms Office 365 Administration including Sharepoint, Teams and OneDrive.
* Knowledge of Symantec Backup Exec (or equivalent).
* Experience of Microsoft Azure cloud services.
* Helpdesk experience (Zendesk preferred).
* Experience using Remote Support applications (Gotoassist, Teamviewer, Teams or equivalent).
* Experience with PowerShell and Command Scripts
* Experience offering Hardware/Software support including mobile devices.
* Knowledge of Windows networking architecture and setup.
* Experience of Active Directory.
* Installation and configuration of software packages.
* Experience in after sales service and support or a similar role.
* Great communication skills - verbal, written and presentation-style.
* Excellent writing skills for writing instructions and learning materials.
* Self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
* Able to organise and prioritise their workload to achieve objectives.
* Problem solving and analytical skills.
* Polite, pleasant and helpful on the telephone and in general.
* Prepared to travel and stay away from home when required.
* Flexible in terms of tasks undertaken.
* Able to identify areas for improvement and introduce improved processes and procedures.
* Able to adapt to new processes and procedures.
* Must hold a current driving licence.