HOURS: 08.00 – 16.30 Monday to Thursday and 08.00 – 13.00 Friday (37 hours per week)
START DATE: Immediate
Permanent job via a 3-month trial with ESS Employment Ltd
Job: Mechanical Fitter
To produce company products to the required standard and quality as defined by drawings, written instructions and direction from supervision
Complete engineering duties for sub-assembly production fitting and final assembly
Assemble mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electronic components and sub-assemblies as required
Assist with the production and build of fabricated assemblies of varying size and complexity from scratch using general skills including marking out, cutting, folding, pipe bending, weld joint preparation, hydraulic runs, Pneumatic runs, and general production build assemblies.
Observe the Company’s Health & Safety policy and procedures, and execute duties as required by this policy. The jobholder will hold responsibility for his / her own safety and other peoples, and shall co-operate by complying with the company’s safety rules
ESS EMPLOYMENT LTD work with clients and candidates from a range of disciplines and place people in permanent, contract and temporary roles. Many of our candidates and clients come to us by recommendation and we are proud of our personal, professional, and friendly approach to recruitment.
ESS EMPLOYMENT LTD employees benefit from our complete “Employee Discount Outlet Pack” that allows you to save on shopping, travelling, and dining with family and friends. The pack offers discount benefits to you anytime, everywhere and on any online device. Discounts available at Amazon, Apple, Vue Cinemas, M&S, Boots, Cineworld, Tesco and Sainsbury are just a small selection of your choices.
1. Solid engineering background
2. Working from manufacturing drawings, general arrangement drawings and sub-assembly drawings
3. A keen eye for detail and teamwork are two key elements in this role.
4. Using a variety of hand and power tools to assemble a wide variety of large and small fabricated components
5. Check the complete assembly for alignment, dimensions, and quality
6. Experience of vehicle fabricating/fitting an advantage
7. Ability to work on own initiative with a good Problem solving and a logical mind.
8. Circuitry knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, and electrics
9. A background in Aviation, Military, Marine or similar is advantageous.
10. Some knowledge of basic electrical assembly and ability to read electrical circuit drawings preferred but not essential