LOCATION: Near Tetbury
START DATE: Immediate
SALARY: £11.06 per hour (£23,000 per annum)
DAILY TIMES: Monday - Friday 0600-1400 / 1000-2000 rotating
Vacancy – AGRICULTURAL ASSISTANT
ESS Employment Ltd are seeking an agricultural assistant to join our local client based near Tetbury. Responsible for the milling of speciality and quality driven finished products. An agricultural background would be beneficial. You will be a member of a small team and adhere to the operation and quality procedures in place. (revised from time to time).
* Be a pro-active team worker, liaising and co-operating with all members of staff
* Operate within the confines of Company policy and procedure requirements, including integrity and confidentiality in respect of the business.
* Abide by health and safety legislation in respect of yourself and others.
* Comply with all Food Safety and Hygiene requirements
* On occasion, carry our reasonable and miscellaneous other tasks in the Company, when required.
Own transport will be required for this role due to our client’s location.
ESS EMPLOYMENT work with clients and candidates from a range of disciplines and place people in permanent, contract and temporary roles. Many of our candidates and clients come to us by recommendation and we are proud of our personal, professional and friendly approach to recruitment.
* Responsible for the running of the mill, ensuring checks are carried out regularly on the mill to prevent damage where machinery requires attention. This also requires the setting of machinery to adapt between different productions runs and product types.
* Reporting equipment breakdowns, faults or improvement requirements using the appropriate documents
* Responsible for the preparation of the raw material, damping, gristing and conditioning time to ensure quality product at a target extraction rate.
* Responsible for product safety and quality and completion of paperwork in line with operational and quality procedures.
* Ensuring adequate and timely testing is carried out to assess product quality against required specification. This involves familiarising with and learning the correct methods for all lab equipment. Accurate recording of results is vital and where necessary corrective action must be taken in line with procedures and management to rectify production that is out of specification.
* Maintaining reasonable hygiene and housekeeping standards on a day to day basis with rigorous observation of the “clean as you go” requirement. Making sure the mill is clean at the end of the shift and all end of shift paperwork completed. .
* Responsible, when necessary, for goods in and out including product returns and spillages according to operational and quality procedures
* Reconciliation of product produced and report on discrepancies to management.
* To help with all other team members when required.
Flexible in working hours, including working of unsociable and weekend work when reasonably required. A decision maker who is hard working, completely hands on, a self starter and capable of working alone with minimum guidance and instruction in a pressurised environment. Preferably experience of agricultural work.