DAILY TIMES: 06:00-14:30 Monday to Friday
START DATE: Immediate
TEMP OR PERM: Permanent via temporary-to-permanent contract
Job – Bakery Operative
ESS Employment Ltd are currently recruiting for a number of Bakery Operatives to help pick orders, pack items and palletize goods.
To apply please send your full up to date CV to email@example.com or call 01453 832468 for further details.
* Develop good understanding of working within a small team
* Develop good understanding of entire production process
* Develop an understanding of the place of Organics and why and how we operate organically
* Operate safely the range of equipment that is present to produce unique breads and cakes:
* Sprouting vessels, Silo augur, pump trucks, Divider/Extruder, mixer and mincer
* Load and unload ovens
* Work on packing line both loading (“tipping”) and unloading
* Load the retort but only operate and unload following suitable training
* Work in the packing area on rotation, labelling products and making up pallets
* Tasks will be rotated to prevent repetitive strain issues and provide variety
* All staff are expected to contribute to the cleaning of equipment and the bakery as a whole
* Some tasks are daily, and others are weekly or as and when production timescales dictate.
* Chemicals should be handled only as directed and in accordance with organic principles where food surface contact is likely
* Where specialist equipment is used you must be trained and competent in its use and understand risks associated (e.g. trips. Electricity, other personnel)
* All staff should endeavour to keep bakery and their work area as clean as possible – Clean as you go!
* All staff must work in a safe and responsible manner.
* Any concerns regarding the health and safety or product security should be brought to the immediate attention of the Production Manager or Managing Director