LOCATION: GL11 Area
DAILY TIMES: 37.5 hours per week
START DATE: Immediate
Nailsworth Office: 01453 832468
F: 0870 4007865
JOB – WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE
The Warehouse Operative will be required to work in a fast-paced environment. This will include working within a team ensuring all tasks are completed with accuracy and efficiency. In addition to working within the warehouse the Operative will also be required to communicate with other departments to solve dispatch issues, goods receiving issues or provide updates. This will ensure customer commitments, expectations and targets are achieved.
Due to the nature of the business/product the hours will change between Summer and Winter. Between the months of March – October you will work 8 hours a day between 08.00 – 17.00 and between the months October – March between 09.00 – 17.00 Monday – Thursday and 09.00 – 16.00 Friday.
Duties will include but not limited to the following –
1. Picking and Packing and re-boxing of goods
2. Goods in and out
3. Accurately use and read instructions of Warehouse Scanning device
4. Deal with quality issues that may arise and follow internal processes and procedures
5. Keep warehouse area clean and tidy at all times and ensure workspace is free of debris and remove safety hazards from aisles
6. Accurately pack and ship our customer orders to ensure we meet customers high expectations
7. Adhere to safety, quality and production standards
8. Move inventory and materials across facilities
9. Process inventory for delivery
10. Package items and label correctly
11. Report damaged or missing inventory to manager
12. Remove inventory from trucks or shipping and delivery to proper location
13. Wear safety gear when and where required
14. Work as an active team member to complete team targets
15. Be able to work independently
16. Be highly organised and able to store items efficiently
17. Must follow all health and safety procedure and regulations as dictated by the organisation
1. Assisting the Warehouse Supervisor/Manager in any special assignments/projects as requested ensuring confidentiality at all times.
2. Be able to work overtime and weekends when required
1. Have the ability to carry out basic ad-hoc administration duties
Experience and Skills
Education and Training
1. Forklift licence / training an advantage but not essential
1. Experience of working in a busy dynamic warehouse environment
2. Working in a team
3. Experience in using a Stock management system
4. Understanding of stock takes/PI counts
5. Goods in experience
6. Picking, packing use of labelling systems for despatch (FED-EX, DHL and Tuffnells)
Knowledge and Skills
1. Excellent teamwork skills
2. Excellent attention to detail
3. Excellent organisation skills with experience of prioritising tasks.
4. Knowledge and understanding of a warehouse environment
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills
6. Standard level of numeracy / literacy
7. Standard level of IT skills and use of Microsoft suite of packages
If you feel you have the experience for this role please email your CV to email@example.com.
Please note that transport is essential for this role due to company location.
ESS EMPLOYMENT work with clients and candidates from a range of disciplines and place people in permanent, contract and temporary roles. Many of our candidates and clients come to us by recommendation and we are proud of our personal, professional and friendly approach to recruitment.