The most important advice we can offer you is to always prepare thoroughly before any interview - this will help to make you feel more confident at the interview.
- Before your interview find out everything you can about the company, especially what they do! Check if they have a website and look at it (if you do not have access to the internet ESS Employment Ltd offer free access for interviewees to check websites of any companies ESS Employment Ltd are sending you to). Call the company and ask for company literature to be sent to you. Talk to people who may have heard of them. TALK TO YOUR CONSULTANT – they can help you with the information that you require.
- Re-read your application, thinking through your own career and the questions the interviewer might ask you.
- Try to anticipate the general questions which the interviewer will ask and also prepare some questions to ask them.
- Work out exactly the skills the company will be looking for and prepare how you will convince the interviewer you are technically qualified to do the job.
- Think of words you can use to show that you are sufficiently motivated to get the job done well and that you will fit in with the company's organisational structure and the team in which you will work.
- You should dress smartly for the interview no matter what job you are applying for.
- Leave home earlier than you need to on the day of the interview - you may be delayed by traffic or for other reasons.
- Be courteous to all employees of the company.
- At the interview itself you must be positive about yourself and your abilities - but do not waffle.
- You should always look attentive.
- Never lie to anyone in an interview; body language, tone of voice will all give you away.
- And most importantly SMILE
If you would like further help why not book yourself onto one of our FREE Seminars on “Interview Techniques”. Ask your consultant when the next one is – places are limited.